Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Minas Chupa

Here are some photos taken on the way to another community where I went with Tandana to offer health care services. The place was called Minas Chupa. This photo was taken from the back of a truck, looking back towards the other truck from our group and out across the landscape. Some volcano is rising up in the distance. I can't remember which one.













Here is another snow capped volcano. I think this one is called Cayambe.














One of the greatest things about being in Ecuador now is that I have been able to spend much more time with the family. During the two weeks in October that we went up into the mountains, I let the kids take turns missing school and coming with me. Jorie had a turn on this day, and had a great time on the two hour ride up to the community. Here is a picture of us both.














The views from some of these communities are utterly breathtaking. Here is a shot looking out across the valley from one place. I love the patchwork nature of the small plots of land, the farmers taking advantage of every arable scrap of land they can find. Luckily enough here there is not enough rainfall to make landslides be as frequent as they were in the Philippines. Here corn and potatoes and quinoa can grow on amazingly steep slopes.





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment